Once you have had a look at choosing a powerful domain name, you want to dive into the nitty-gritty and register your domain name.
I promised I would direct you to a place where you can buy domain names at a reasonable price. I use NameCheap. There’s a couple of reasons for this.
- They have great prices for domains
- I like their domain management interface
- They usually offer discount coupons. You can use DOMTHAW to receive a discount off a registration today (June 2018).
- They offer a free year of WhoIsGuard which means people can’t see who has registered that particular domain. I like the privacy of that so you’re not bombarded with search engine optimisation offers in the first year of registration.
The steps to registering your domain
1. Search for your domain in the search field on NameCheap.
2. If it is available, go ahead and add it to your basket using the icon next to it.
3. Click on the View Cart button.
4. Include your promo code in the field on the right. At the moment, you can use BACK2SKOOL. You can leave the other settings at their default which will give you the free year of WhoisGuard.
5. Confirm your order. At this point you will be given an option to log in, or create a new account.
6. Follow the instructions to check out.
7. Keep the login details of your account safe so you always have access to your domain name and the management of it.
Disclaimer: Some of the links that I use in this post and throughout this website may be affiliate links. That means that I may be paid a commission for purchases made through these links. It doesn’t cost anything more to purchase through an affiliate link, and I use any commission payouts to advertise these kind of challenges to ensure I’m able to reach and help as many entrepreneurs like you as possible. I will only ever recommend products or services which I myself use and trust.
If you feel as though you need more help, you can apply for a free 30-minute Website Jumpstart call with me.
Vicky Etherington has been running her own online marketing agency since 2003, and in 2014 transitioned to working with coaches and therapists to teach them how to create their own client-attracting websites. The programs are about so much more than website creation – they’re about rising above the noise, thriving at entrepreneurship, mastering technology with confidence and staying on track.